Service Porter - This position is for our Alexandria Dealership
The Service Porter is responsible for performing a variety of duties as they relate to the operation of a collision center and/or service department. This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Collision Manager, Service Associates, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
- Pick up from and deliver customers to desired locations
- Pick up and deliver vehicles to sublet vendors and customers as directed
- Move vehicles from intake area to storage area
- Move vehicles inside and outside of collision center to help achieve production standards
- Maintain a neat and orderly production and paint areas by sweeping, removal of trash and discarded parts as well as other actions required to maintain the appearance of the production and paint areas
- Maintain other areas of the collision center such as the offices, storage areas and around the outside of the collision center
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Save and tag all warranty parts for storage
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team member are essential to this position.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operator Driver's License (must be insurable and ability to drive a standard transmission).
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy much higher than average area compensation, continuous training and many benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
About Our Dealership
Lloyd Vaughn established Vaughn Motors in Bunkie in 1998 and has since grown to 6 locations serving the Central Louisiana area. Lloyd's goal for Vaughn Automotive is to become one of the best known and most respected Dealerships in Central Louisiana, with a long history of outstanding customer satisfaction and service. We have a strong and committed staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. We are looking for self-motivated individuals interested in advancement in a growing company.
We invite you to take a look at us and join our team!