GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Diesel service technicians inspect, repair, trucks, and heavy equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Test drive and inspect vehicles to diagnose malfunctions; consult with customer on diagnosis
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run correctly after repair
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Certificate from college or technical school; or six months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Great benefits, fantastic working culture and a growing, positive, hardworking environment.
- Competitive compensation
- A great working environment where you’ll be supported by a team of professionals
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts on vehicle purchases
- Advancement opportunities for high performers
ABOUT OUR DEALERSHIP
Lloyd Vaughn established Vaughn Motors in Bunkie in 1998 and has since grown to 6 locations serving the Central Louisiana area. Lloyd's goal for Vaughn Automotive is to become one of the best known and most respected Dealerships in Central Louisiana, with a long history of outstanding customer satisfaction and service. We have a strong and committed staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. We are looking for self-motivated individuals interested in advancement in a growing company.